1. Where can I send my art?
Artwork can be sent to email@example.com. All art must be vector format and colour separated. Please reference your Company Name and Order # (if given) in the subject line of the email. This will to help speed up the process and avoid any delays in production.
2. What is vector art?
Vector art is the industry standard for printing promotional products. It's a file that allows us to break apart the image, manipulate it and scale it to size without losing any resolution or detail in your ad copy and will thus produce the best finished look. Vector art is most commonly created in Adobe Illustrator, and Corel Draw.
3. What are acceptable vector art formats?
- Adobe Illustrator - Must be compatible with up to Version CS5
- Corel Draw - Must be compatible with up to Version 11
- PDF - In MOST cases we are able to use pdf, however we always recommend one of the two formats as mentioned above.
- Note: Please do not send us a jpg or gif embedded into Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. This does not qualify as vector art and will slow down the order process.
IMPORTANT: Please remember to convert ALL text to curves / outlines. Kay Enterprises has a large selection of fonts, however, all text must be converted to curves in case we don't have the matching font. Failing to do so may result in order delays.
- Photoshop - For best results, Photoshop EPS, TIFF and JPG files should be set for black and white 1 bit preview at 1200 DPI. Photoshop EPS, TIFF and JPG files should be no less than 200% of the final required imprint size and 600 DPI. If artwork is sent at 100% of imprint size, then 1200 DPI actual resolution should be supplied. Please note that Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw is preferred, even though Photoshop is an acceptable format.
4. What if I am unable to submit vector art?
Don't worry; Kay Promo has a graphics team ready to assist you! Please note that additional charges will occur for any touch-ups, rendering, or for recreating your logo and is subject to a fee of $60 per hour (pro-rated quarterly). The amount of time required depends on the amount detail involved in the logo.
5. Does Kay Promo charge for repeat ad copy?
Kay Promo does not charge any art or preparation fees for repeat ad copy as long as it's an EXACT REPEAT. This means that there is no manipulation, scaling, touch-ups, or rendering of any kind. Please note that we store ad copy files for a period of 3 years.